White Bee Hoon Recipe
Serves 3 pax
650ml CHU Chicken Collagen Soup
150g bee hoon
200g squid, sliced
200g choice of leafy vegetable
4 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cooking oil
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp hua tiao jiu
1 tbsp light soy sauce
A generous dash of white pepper
1½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
- Heat up Chicken Collagen Soup in a pot. While waiting for soup to boil, blanch bee hoon in another pot of hot water as per instructed on packaging. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up wok, add sesame oil first, let it heat up, and then add 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Add in half of chopped garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Add bee hoon, mix well with garlic, fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove bee hoon and set aside.
- Add 1 more tbsp of cooking oil and remaining chopped garlic. Fry till fragrant.
- Add Chicken Collagen Soup, water and soy sauce. Let boil.
- Once the soup boils, add in the bee hoon, beaten eggs, prawns, squid, clams and vegetables.
- Cover for 5 minutes.
- Mix well, add more water if you find the soup is too thick. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hua tiao jiu and mix.
It is recommended to use fresh clams instead of frozen cooked clams.