Chicken Macaroni Soup with Vegetable Medley Recipe
Serves 4 pax
750ml CHU Chicken Collagen Soup
A lump of unsalted butter or 2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
⅔ cup cauliflower florets, chopped
⅔ cup carrots, diced
⅔ cup capsicum, diced
⅔ cup frozen peas
⅔ cup corn
1 head of romaine lettuce, washed and drained
2 skinless chicken breasts
2 cups dried macaroni
Italian mix dried herbs (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts with a bit of salt, black pepper, soy sauce (and italian herbs if desired). Set aside.
- Heat up Chicken Collagen Soup. In the meantime, cook the dried macaroni as per packaging instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up pan, add half of butter or olive oil, and pan fry chicken. Set aide.
- In a large pot, heat up remaining half of butter or olive oil and fry garlic until fragrant. Add onion and fry until soft over medium fire, take note not to brown the onions.
- Add a teaspoon of italian herbs if desired at this point, and add the remaining vegetable one at a time, tossing for a minute before adding the next. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add CHU Chicken Collagen Soup and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the cooked macaroni into bowls and scatter some torn romaine lettuce leaves on top. Ladle the hot soup and other ingredients along into the bowls, scalding the lettuce leaves at the same time.
- Serve with sliced chicken breast.
- You may wish to season the chicken breast beforehand, so that it has more time to marinate.
- You may also add water in portions after heating up the soup and taste first.
- For a richer flavour, you may use 2 packets of CHU Chicken Collagen Soup and 500ml of water.
- You may customise and use any vegetable of your choice.
- You may also choose to use a different protein, such as sliced fish, sliced pork or prawns:
- For fish and pork, bring the soup to a boil after step 6, add fish/pork, and then cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- For prawns, skip the seasoning and follow the above instruction.
- For a kids friendly version:
- You may wish to cut down the portions to half, or to desired amounts.
- You may also replace the sliced chicken breast to shredded chicken.
- Skip Step 1, and place chicken meat into the pot at Step 6.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove and shred.
- Sprinkle on top when serving.