Rice Cooker Lobster Porridge Recipe
Serves 2-3 pax
Porridge consistency is subjective. Some prefer a thicker consistency while others prefer a thinner consistency. This recipe uses a 1:8 rice to water + CHU Collagen ratio. You can increase to 1:9 for a thinner consistency. Do note that porridge generally thickens with time as it continues to absorb water.
1L CHU Chicken Collagen Soup
2 cleaned lobsters
1 cup/ 180g rice
50g dried scallops
1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
Salt to taste
White pepper to taste
- Soak dried scallops in hot water until soft (approx 20-30minutes).
- Add CHU Collagen and water in a pot. Bring it to boil.
- Add dried scallops and Shaoxing wine. Let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Poach lobster in the same pot for 2 minutes and transfer to cold water.
- Separate lobster meat from lobster. Keep meat refrigerated.
- Rinse rice briefly before placing them in the rice cooker.
- Transfer all the contents from the pot (CHU Collagen + water + dried scallops) and lobster head + shells into the rice cooker. Press cook.
- During the last 5 minutes, add the refrigerated lobster meat, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some garnishing - prawn oil (next story), chopped scallions or chicken floss and serve immediately.
- Fry 8 prawn heads with 200ml canola oil in a small pot. The oil should cover 3/4 of the prawn heads. Stir fry for 15 minutes or until the heads are crispy. Strain the oil and add desired amount into porridge before serving.
- Rinse and freeze rice the night before to get a silky consistency. Freezing 'breaks' the rice kernels down.