Asian Chicken Risotto Recipe
Serves 3-4 pax
1L CHU Chicken Collagen Soup
2 cups of jasmine white rice
200 grams chicken thigh
1 brown onion, halved
2 inches ginger, peeled and slightly smashed
12-14 cloves of garlic, skinned and slightly smashed
4-5 pieces of 1.5-2 inches scallion (white part)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cook rice in a rice cooker.
- Pour CHU Collagen into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, throw in chicken thigh, onion, ginger, garlic and scallion and continue on high heat. When it starts boiling again, bring down to medium heat to simmer.
- Simmer until rice is done, or for as long as desired. Taste from time to time, add salt and pepper if desired.
- Scoop rice into bowl, and pour soup over. Serve.
- The longer the soup simmers, the sweeter the soup, the more tender and flavourful the chicken.
- For a peppery taste, add some peppercorns into the soup while it is cooking instead of pepper powder. Smash them lightly so that the flavour will be absorbed by the soup.
- If you are feeling adventurous, you can also add a little thai green chili after serving. If the taste is too sharp or spicy, add fish sauce to mellow the taste. This would taste better if the soup had no pepper added.