Laksa Spring Rolls Recipe
Easy to prepare
Serves 5-6 pax
250ml CHU Collagen's Laksa Soup
250g thick vermicelli
150g chicken fillet
5-6 pieces of prawns, chopped into small pieces
4 pieces taupok
10-12 sheets spring roll pastry
1 egg, beaten
2 eggs, hardboiled and sliced into strips(optional)
Laksa leaves, chopped (optional)
- Heat up Laksa Soup.
- In the meantime, blanch vermicelli and taupok in hot water for a few minutes. Remove and let cool. (Boil eggs at this stage if desired.)
- Cut taupok into thin strips once cooled, and cut vermicelli into strips about 3-4cm each.
- Cook chicken in Laksa Soup. Remove when cooked, shred once cooled.
- Add vermicelli, taupok and shrimp/chopped prawns into soup and mix well. Once the shrimp/prawns are cooked, remove and leave to cool. (Boiled eggs should also be cut into strips at this point.)
- Place spring roll pastry in a diamond position. Add appropriate amount of ingredients on the bottom of the wrapper (sprinkle chopped laksa leaves if desired).
- Fold the bottom up over the filling. Roll the bottom upwards tightly until you reach the middle. Fold in the sides, then finish rolling the spring roll. Brush a bit of beaten eggs over to keep it closed.
- Deep fry in a pot of cooking oil until golden brown. Remove and let cool on paper towels to remove excess oil.
For an extra burst of flavour, add a teaspoon of CHU Laksa Soup after Step 6.